Wednesday, August 26, 2009

This week has been low key so far. Shauna and Christine started observing at school this afternoon. Tomorrow Christine is watching my kinder class and Shauna is watching it on Friday. I hope my kids behave!!

Yesterday a handful of immigration officers showed up un-annoucned at school. They had blocked the stairs and the elevator to make sure that no one could leave. Once this took place a few other officers went from classroom to classroom checking the teachers. They had a list of who they have on record as being able to work there. However, Britney and I are new so we weren't on the list. The owners needed to show them copies of our Passports and they took down all of our information. I didn't know who they were until the entered my room. I was teaching and they were walking around in street clothes so I assumed they were parents. (However this would be even more strange because the fathers NEVER come to school unless its parents observation day.) The directors and owners said that they have never came before so it was quite a shock!

Last night after work Gina, Britney, Shauna, Christine and I went out for chicken. It was fun to go out and get to know the new girls.

Today at school we had tons of snacks from the afternoon parents! We had ice cream, donuts and bread from the bakery next door. It was a filling day! After work Britney and I took Christine out for dinner at the Korean place we always go to.

This week all 10 of my kinder students have been here each day so its been wild. I took a few pictures yesterday and today! I will put more on Snapfish!

No comments:

Post a Comment