Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Finishing up my Second Day

Yesterday was my first day at LCI. The morning (kinder) went really well. The kids are great and really like to talk. In the afternoon I had older kids that know very little English. I taught them basic English, reading and writing. (I have them MWF) I had a hard time getting them to talk and the classes dragged on. After school at 7 I went with Alan, Amanda and Steven for dinner. We went to a galbi place. In Korea these are everywhere! You can pick your meat, order extras like soup, get the Korean sides and rice and cook the meat at your table. Then you can eat it plain or make a lettuce wrap. I them came back to my apt. (Oh, if anyone wants to send mail I really need some pictures from back home to put around my place!)

Today I had my normal kinder class and it went fine. The kids are energetic so I need to keep them under control. In the afternoon I taught a reading class and social studies class. These kids are 10 and are so advanced. They are pretty much fluent in English so they were really fun. I have them TH until 5. From 5-6 on TH I have my prep time for the week. On TH I am done at 6.

I stopped at a little market for some food and water and came back to my apt and tried to do laundry. I guessed on the settings and now my clothes are hanging to dry, and they seem clean. I was finally able to put minutes on my Korean cell phone and I think I figured out how to get hot water. We will see if it works tomorrow when I shower!

No comments:

Post a Comment