Thursday, August 6, 2009

Is that the hot water button???

This will not surprise you if you know me....

When I got to my apartment I soon realized that I did not have hot water. I ran the water for a long time only to soon give up and stick with a cold 'shower'. The next day at school I asked the other teachers. They told me that you need to push this button to get hot water each time you want to use it. They said its really easy, the only button by your power box. When I got back that night, around 9:30pm, I decided to try. It turns out that the button is not for hot water but for turning off the power in the entire apartment. Luckily, I pushed it once more and the power came back on.

The next day at school I asked one of my supervisors. He printed off this picture for me and wrote all over it in English. It turns out what I needed to use is this box of leavers and knobs in my bedroom. To get hot water I must turn on the heat in my apartment and turn the heat off when I am done. Only in Korea do you need to turn on the heat to get hot water when it is 95 degrees outside with 90% humidity.

Lesson learned!

No comments:

Post a Comment