Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Crazy beginning of the week...

Its been a pretty crazy week so far and its only Tuesday. Yesterday I got a new kinder student, Jasmine. She seems very sweet but does not talk at all. I am hoping this will improve once she gets more comfortable at the school, with the other students and with me. My advisor told me that her English is very good but I haven't experienced that yet. She is not used to being in school and listening to a teacher so I have been spending most of my time making sure that she is following along with the class work.

Today one of the parents brought Dip-n-Dots ice cream for the entire school (all of the kinder classes). They were Honey-Cotton Candy flavored....very interesting. My kids were spilling them everywhere and turning the classroom into a huge sticky mess. In the afternoon we learned that there has been a lice outbreak with some of the kinder girls. After lunch they checked all of the girls hair (not the boys, like they don't have hair??). We were told its under control now but we don't really believe them. A lot of Koreans seem to have the attitude, avoid it and it shall go away.

It will be interesting to see what else happens this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment