Sunday, August 30, 2009

Fred comes to Suji!!

On Friday after work we all went out for dinner as a goodbye to Amanda, Ryan and Joelene. 3 of our 4 directors, Lucy, Michelle and Rebecca, came with us. We had dinner at a Duck Galbi (where you BBQ in front at your table).

Our head director Lucy, Britney and Steve at dinner


Me, Michelle, Gina and Britney at the Noribong
(Michelle is my director for 3 of my 4 classes. She is very sweet and cool and has really helped me adjust since I got here.)
This Friday (well really Saturday morning at 3am) Fred made it to Suji, after a bus ride, a taxi ride, lots of walks, a long train ride and finally another taxi! I was so excited to see him since I haven't seen him since break.

On Saturday we headed into Seoul with Britney, Shauna, Christine and Steve. We walked around a few neighborhoods (Insadong, the art district), shopped and had some dinner. We bought some chopsticks off of the street, had some tea at a Korean Teahouse, shopped for some Korean teacups and other stuff and stopped for some cheeseburgers for dinner (what a treat, even for me!!)

Buying chopsticks


My tea and our weird air filled, tasteless candy side dish

Today we walked around Suji and Fred got to experience it all. Then sadly, at 3 we had to head to the train station so he could go home. I can't wait to see him again and I hope that we can meet somewhere soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment