Monday, February 28, 2011

The Last Day of the Year

Yesterday was the last day of the school year. It was so hard knowing that this was the last time we will have each of our students. We have been teaching these kids for at least 7 months and we are very bonded to them. I have been teaching my second graders ever since I first arrived in Korea, July 2009. I remember what they were like as quiet, shy first graders. Now they can write essays and understand and remember details from stories. As of tomorrow, all of our classes will be new. My Kinder students will be 7-1 meaning that they are 7 years old (6 American) and in their first year of English. Fred's will be 7-2. My first graders are 8-2 and Fred's are 8-3. My second graders will be in their fifth year of learning English! They are the highest second grade class. Fred's second graders will be a mix of 2nd and 3rd year students. We will each also have one 3rd grade class and one 4th grade class. It is going to be weird going to school tomorrow and seeing our students with other teachers!


My Kinder class and I


My first graders and I


My second graders whom I have been teaching since July 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment