Wednesday, March 2, 2011

New Kinder Students

Today was my first day with my new Kinder class. It was a very weird feeling walking into a room of children who have no idea what you are saying to them. All of the children walked into my room and I had to remove all of their backpacks, coats and shoes. It was a long process. I then sat them down and started teaching them "hello" and "goodbye." After a few minutes of this we moved onto, "What is your name?" The kids understood these so we moved onto, "My name is..." Overall it went well. As the day went on I learned that a few of them know a decent amount of English. I even got a handwritten card from Olivia telling me how excited she was to meet me and study with me. That was very impressive! It was also weird knowing that my other kids were down the hall in another room. They came and gave me hugs but it was weird to not be teaching them. I know that each day will get easier!


My SUPER cute student Claire


Zion. She kept telling the students that I don't speak Korean.


Patti. She might be trouble. She went to the 'bathroom' and somehow ended up in playgym.


Hailey. She seems to be the class leader and knows a good amount of English.


Olivia. She is very sweet and knows the most English in the class.


Brian D. He is going to be the class clown.


Brian Y. He is very kind and quiet.


Dana. She is very focused and follows my directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment