Saturday, March 5, 2011

A Very Stressful Week

This past week has been the most stressful time that I have had in Korea. The change in Kinder classes has been very hard for me. I went from having one of the smartest classes in LCI, whom I adorded, to having a new class that knows VERY VERY little English. I was not prepared for the reality of teaching kids that speak no English. It has been so hard to get them to understand what I mean. It was a very shocking week that was at times filled with a lot of frustration. I like my new students but the teaching situation has been hard. I have also had a hard time moving on from my old students. I loved teaching them over the past year and I am very attached to them. It has been hard to not have them in my classroom each morning. Along with the new Kinder class, all of my classes have changed except for my highest level 4th grade class. I don't deal very well with stress and new pressures so this week has been taking a toll on me. My stress is causing my arthritis to act up. I have had an excruciating amount of pain in my hands and knees. I hope that once I adjust to my new Kinder students I will have less pain. I know that it will get easier with time but for now it has been a very hard transition.

No comments:

Post a Comment