Monday, February 21, 2011

Graduation

Yesterday we had the graduation ceremony for all of our graduating seven year old Kinder students. Some of them have been at LCI for one year, others for two and a few have been at LCI since they were 5 (4 American). They were so proud to be moving onto first grade. We arrived at the community center for a quick reherasal before the big show. The stage was full of balloons and a very colorful backdrop. The entry way had a large balloon arch and a big LCI banner above the door. The show started at 2pm. Each class had prepared something special to perform. Yelena, Carla and Josh's classes sang songs and Steve, Nathan and Fred's classes gave speeches. Fred's class speeches were about the students favorie memories at LCI. The kids also sang a Korean song and an English song as an entire graduating class. After the songs and speeches each student received their Kinder diploma. They then took pictures with their classmates and the teachers. It was so fun to see all of the kids and parents excitement. All of the kids did very well during the performances. I sat in the front row and took video of each class. Even though I don't teach 7 year olds, it was fun to see my old Kinders graduating. When I first arrived in Korea in July 2009 my class was 6 years old. They are now 7 years old and graduating! I can't believe how fast time has gone by. It was fun to see my old students moms and catch up with them. It is so hard to believe that these students will now be in first grade. It was a very fun day but it was also a reminder that soon we will have new classes. I know that change is good but I am not ready to give up my Kinder students. I have grown to love them over the past year and it will be hard to see them with another teacher. However, I know that I will love my new class as well!

Fred and his class practicing


All of the graduating students


Fred and Hailey


Fred and Eric


Fred and Chloe


Fred with Kelly and Ann and their families


Jasmin and I

No comments:

Post a Comment