Sunday, March 21, 2010

Update


Judy and I

A lot has happened since my last post. I am finally adjusted to my new classes, including Kinders. It is a big change to be teaching kids that are a year younger however it is very fun. I still get to see my old Kinders at school so I am swamped with hugs, letters and kisses each day. On Thursday I learned that it was the last day for one of my Kinder boys, Daniel. I am suppose to get a new girl this week. I really miss my old class! My afternoon classes have been going well. I am now teaching an upper level reading class which is very fun. I find myself having to remember that they understand me and I don't need to dumb down the lessons. Many of them have read books like 'Harry Potter' in English. They are in fourth grade and have about 5 or 6 years of English. Last week their vocab test had the words depriving, foisted, queasy and others. It is so much fun to have actual conversations with my students without having to adjust what I say to a lower level. It has also been an adjustment with the new teachers. The office and feel at LCI has greatly shifted however I think they are all adjusting well.
Annie and I
Fred came up to Seoul for the past two weekends. We saw a few tourist sites such as the War Museum and Memorial, Insadong art area, Itaweon foreign area and a few other things. It was so much fun to see him!

War Memorial

On Wednesday a few of us went to a bar and grill in Jukjeon, the city over, to celebrate St. Patricks Day. It was really nice to have American style food! After a few green beers, we called it a night.

Josh, Steve and I

Shauna, Christine and I

This weekend has been very laid back. It was nice to sleep in and relax. On Friday after work two coworkers and I headed to the nearest large city, Suwon, and went to a soccer game. It took about 15 minutes by cab to reach the stadium. The team plays at the Suwom World Cup Stadium and it was so cool. I had never been to a real soccer game before and I had a blast. We even bought a season pass so we can go to all of the home games. Suwon Bluewings won 2-1. After, we stayed up late and watched the Gophers game at 1:30am online. I was very sad to see them lose. The weather today finally feels like spring. About a week ago we has snow so it is a nice change. My mom arrives in Korea on April 2nd and I can't wait! It is going to be so much fun to have her here and to show her my life. My students, new and old, are also excited. Less than 2 weeks!

I am hoping for a smooth week at school. We are going on a field trip so that will be a nice change. This weekend I am going to head to Pohang to see Fred.

No comments:

Post a Comment