Thursday, March 4, 2010

A new school year

On Wednesday we began our new school year at LCI. This meant that all of our classes were changed based upon our students changing levels. I had to say goodbye to my Kinder students. Last Friday was their last day with me. I walked into class and about 3 minutes into the day Jenny's eyes began to water and soon her head was in her hands. I asked her what was wrong and she told me, as she was balling, that she was very sad because it was her last day with London Teacher. This broke my heart and I began to cry. Soon all of my students were upset but I soon told them that it would be ok and that they needed to come and give me hugs everyday. I was so sad to say goodbye to them but I know that they will love having Steve as their teacher.
My new Kinder class has 4 girls (Audrey, Annie, Judy and Cheny) and 6 boys (Simon, Danny, Daniel, Johnson, Young and Tomas). They are a 6-2 class which means that they are 6 years old (5 years old USA standards) and in their second year of English. They are all very cute and little. It has been a hectic few days but they seem to be adjusting well. I am so excited to get to know them!
Daniel, Audrey, Annie, Simon and Young
Tomas, Judy (glasses), Cheny, Danny and Johnson

The girls, Audrey, Cheny, Judy and Annie
Annie: Cute but major trouble!!

Daniel
My afternoon classes have also changed. Everyday from 2:30-4:00 I teach 7 year olds who are in their third year of English. My class has 6 kids, Annie, Kelly, Carly, James, Daniel and Eric. They are pretty motivated and very funny. My MWF 4:00-6:20 class is my old 2:30-4:00 class. I was able to keep the same students as they moved up a level. They are a hilarious group of 3 girls and 5 boys. This is my favorite class! On TH I now teach a upper level reading class and my old MWF 4:00-6:20 class which I also kept as they moved up a level.
It has been a very busy but exciting week. I cannot wait to get to know my new students!

No comments:

Post a Comment