Wednesday, September 9, 2009

This week has been very stressful. My students have been really wild. To my surprise all of the stress this week has been coming from my afternoon elementary classes, not my kinder class. My kinder students have been really good this week. I have been bribing them with stickers from my stash (thanks mom and Aunt Sandy!). This has really been working. They know that they must be good if they want a sticker at the end of the day.

The elementary classes have not been listening. My MWF 4:00 class started writing essays this week. Last Friday we went over these essays in class. There were suppose to write about something they like to make. It was suppose to be 3 paragraphs, at least 12 sentences. On Monday I got them back. One boy wrote a proper essay, one of the girls wrote 9 sentences and the other 4 wrote 3 sentences! They haven't been listening and participating, making it a very hard week so far!

My M-F 2:3o class has been pretty good, as usual. This class has 4 boys and 3 girls.

I also haven't been feeling the best this week. I have a little bit of a cold and a sore throat. It seems that everyone at work has been sick lately. 2 of the supervisors have been sick also. I guess this is a risk you take when you are working with kids all day!!

Tomorrow is Thursday so it must get better! I have learned that Wednesday being a 'hump' day is true in Korea! I have never dreaded Wednesdays as much as I do here. Once the 'hump' is over, its smooth sailing!

No comments:

Post a Comment