Sunday, September 13, 2009

RENT in Seoul

The end of the week was very boring. On Friday after work a few of us went out for sushi and a drinks. On Saturday I bummed around Suji and walked around with Britney for a while. Then we, Britney, Gina, Christine, Shauna and I, headed into Seoul to see RENT. We stopped for dinner at a Mexican place in Itawon. I have missed Mexican food more than anything. It was very satisfying.

I found out that RENT would be in Korea a few weeks ago. We looked online and realized that it is the same tour that is going to be in the US. I think that it started here, for practice ect, then the US leg starts, until January 2010. There were large jumbo-trons on either side of the stage that had the lyrics in Korean. It was a little distracting, however interesting at the same time. Two of the original Broadway cast members were in this show. It was very good, however not the best production of it that I have seen.

In front of the sign outside of KBS Hall


KBS Hall

The stage from our seats. The jumbo-trons with Korean on each side of the stage.

Today was a typical Sunday. I did laundry and cleaned. In the afternoon Britney and I took the subway 3 stops into Seoul to explore. We walked around for a while before coming back to Suji. Today I also cut my hair. No one at the salon spoke English. I motioned that I wanted a cut and the lady seemed to understand. I had to wait for a few minutes and then this man come over to get me. I had showed him this picture that I found however it had bangs, which I did not want. I had to get him to understand that I wanted this look without the bangs. He cut my hair when it was dry and he checked it many times to make sure it was even. It took about 40 minutes and then I left. It is now once again, above my shoulders!

1 comment:

  1. London! I love your hair cut!! It is super cute!! Sorry everything is so stressful, and that you are getting sick. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete