Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Lion Sleeps Tonight

Today at LCI we had a singing competition. We found out about this about 10 days ago. My class was going to sing 'London Bridge' because they think it is hilarious however my supervisor and I wanted to pick something else to challenge them. I chose the song 'The Lion Sleeps Tonight.' We have been practicing it for days and they have done really well in class. A few of the students are really good at singing it. We practiced it yesterday with the soundtrack however it only distracted the kids so I decided that we would sing without it. I have been cutting lion manes out of brown and yellow paper for days. They were very cute little lions! Of course when we sang today, the students did a less than average job. Louie started to sing in a weird voice about half way through and it went down hill from there........We took 4th place.
Here is the video of my class


Sean and Chelcy


Lex, Sarah and Samuel

2 comments:

  1. Hahahah! I loved the video! Gotta love little kids!! Miss you London!! I hope everything is going well! I check your blog almost everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the song!! I was listening to it at work and laughing.. everyone wanted to come and watch it. Your lion costumes were really cute! We love and miss you. Val

    ReplyDelete