Friday, July 17, 2009

If you did not hear my depature date was pushed back until today because I did not get my visa and passport in time. So right now I am sitting in the San Fran airport on my layover before heading to Korea. I have never been so scared in my entire life. I am filled with nervous energy just waiting to get there.

I am getting picked up at the aiport by someone from the school. From there they will take me to my hotel. I think that the city I am in is about 2 hrs from the main airport that I am flying into. From tonight (Saturday) until Wednesday I will be staying in a hotel. The teacher that is in my apartment now does not leave until then so I must wait. Starting on Monday I will be following another teacher. I thought that I would do this for a week however the school goes on their summer break begining on Thursday so I will only have 3 days of training. They are on break until August 3rd. Fred comes to Korea on Sunday and has the same break as I do. We are planning on going to Pusan/Busan for part of the break. We have heard that this is one of the most beautiful places to be in Korea during the summer.

The other girls from Minnesota that I will be with arrive in Korea around the end of August. It will be nice to have them there.

Once I get to Korea I will update. I am sure I will be very overwhelmed and hopefully to the excited point!

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there London! Soon you will be there and having fun. I can't wait to hear all about your first day at the school. I am sure the kids are really cute :) Fred will be there and you can see him in a week... then the other girls from MN will be there before you know it.

    I hope you are starting to get really excited because this is such an amazing experience!!!

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I already miss you, wish I would of seen you before you left. Looking forward to following you on your blog :)

    ~Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi London, just wanted you to know that I figured out how to post a comment. Yipee! Can't wait to see the first set of photos you post. Just remember that there a lots of people who are thinking about you and love you very much. Even though we can't be there in person, hopefully knowing we are thinking about you constantly will help you with the initial seperation anxiety. F to the R E D leaves tomorrow and hopefully knowing he has arrived in Korea makes you feel better. Love You Lots!

    Dad

    ReplyDelete