Friday, April 15, 2011

Moms Second Trip to Korea

For the past 10 days or so my mom has been visiting Korea. This was her second trip to visit me in the last 19 months. She arrived on April 6th and I met her at the bus stop. She went right to sleep and spent the afternoon exploring Suji. On Thursday she came to school and watched my classes. On Friday she spent the day exploring than she brought ice cream to my Kinder class to celebrate my birthday. On Saturday we had planned to go into Seoul but I was feeling sick. Instead we went to a flea market in Suji and enjoyed a great spring day (and my birthday). For dinner we met up with Ann and Stephy and headed to my favorite pasta restaurant. We then headed to Batman bar to meet up with other friends and co-workers for some drinks and cake. On Sunday we went to Suwon and walked around the World Cup Soccer Stadium. We had planned to go to a game but the team was playing away. On Monday mom went into Seoul to get some shopping done. On Tuesday we all went out to dinner to celebrate Freds' birthday. We went to a duck galbi place where you cook on your table. We had a very famous Korean meal filled with tons and tons of side dishes. We then met up with others and had cake to celebrate Freds' birthday. On Wednesday mom went into Seoul to visit the Korean War Museum. When she got back we went to dinner before relaxing at home. On Thursday mom went back into Seoul for her final day of exploring. Today she came to school, with donuts for our Kinder classes, and watched until lunch. After we had lunch I had to bring her to the bus stop. It was so wonderful having her here. The time went by so quickly. I wish that she could have stayed longer!



Mom and I with some cherry blossoms



Mom and Fred




No comments:

Post a Comment