Monday, May 10, 2010

Childrens Day

Last week went by very fast. Korea had a NATIONAL holiday called Children's Day. It is always on May 5th, which was a Wednesday. We had the day off as schools and businesses are usually closed. It was so nice to have a break in the week.

After work on Tuesday most of the staff headed into Seoul for dinner and drinks. It was so much fun to see almost every foreigner that knew because we all had Wednesday off. We even ran into Janice, who finished at LCI in February and started a job in Seoul. On Wednesday I went to a Suwon Bluewings soccer game with Josh and a bunch of our other friends from other schools. The stadium was packed due to free tickets for children. Lucky for us, it was a beautiful spring day in Korea and the soccer game was the perfect way to enjoy the game.

Soccer game

Thursday and Friday flew by at work. On Friday Josh had a Kinder student vomit all over his room. As they were exiting the room, another kid got sick in the hallway as a response to kid #1. After lunch, I realized that one of my Kinder students smelled really bad. I told my supervisors and they informed me that he had really bad diarrhea in his pants! It was a day full of bodily fluids!

Spring has arrived and left Korea. The humidity has already started and the weather is turning into summer. All of the flowers and trees are in bloom and it is gorgeous!

Spring in Korea



In case you haven't heard, I have officially signed on for year two. I will be staying at the same school and Fred will be joining me. We will be home around July 24th and we have to be back in Korea around August 25th. I think it will be a complete change from this year!


My cute, little old man, student, Young in his suspenders

No comments:

Post a Comment