Monday, May 3, 2010

April trip to Pohang

This past weekend I headed to Pohang for the first and only visit in April. Fred has been coming to Seoul a lot lately so this weekend was my turn to make the journey. I jumped in a cab right after work but traffic was really bad so I ended up missing the first train to Daejeon. Once I got there, I had to transfer trains and head to Daegu. Once I got in Daegu, at 1o:59, I had to catch a bus at 11:05 to Pohang. Unfortunately, there was no way to get off the train, out of the station and make the 10 minute walk to the bus terminal in this time. The next bus doesn't leave until 12:00 so I had some time to kill in the stations. I made it to Pohang around 1:20! Hopefully, I have better luck next time!
On Saturday we headed to Busan. We went to Busan on our summer break last July. It is the second largest city in Korea and it is located in the south, on the coast. It is only an hour and 15 minutes by bus from Pohang so we ventured there for the day. It was a beautiful day! It was sunny and about 80 degrees. We had lunch and stopped by a beach before heading to a sea-side temple. It was very cool to see this temple built on the rocks next to the water. We headed back to Pohang around 6:30 and went to our favorite clams place for dinner. You sit outside, overlooking the beach, and cook your clams on your table. We then met a few other foreigners for drinks.

Sea-side temple


Clams

On Sunday, we walked around town and got my bus ticket. We then went to see "Iron Man 2." Overall it was a great weekend and I can't wait to visit again!

No comments:

Post a Comment