Monday, October 19, 2009

Pohang in October

This past Friday night I took a night bus to Pohang. I left my apartment at 8pm and got on a bus in Seoul at 10pm. I arrived in Pohang about 45 minutes early, at 2am.

On Saturday Fred and I headed to Bogyeong-sa, a temple about 40 minutes from Pohang. We walked around the temple for a while before we hiked. We set off on a trail that went past a few waterfalls. It was a great day in Pohang! The weather was cool, sunny and windy. The sky was clear and blue. When we got back to Pohang, we sat around for a while before heading to a bar in downtown Pohang. A band of a bunch of Fred's Korean friends was playing. They played songs in Korean as well as American cover songs. It was a lot of fun.
On Sunday we had lunch at a great pasta place downtown. This has been our 'spot' each time I go and visit Fred. We then walked around for a few hours before my bus left. When we were walking around we saw a shop that had a MN Twins sweatshirt. When we were in Innsbruck, Austria we saw a Timberwolves wallet. We have found MN things in the strangest of cities. I left on a 5:10 bus and got back to my apartment a little before 11pm. I had the best time in Pohang. I love the city, with its laid back feel, the ocean and Fred.
Bogyeong-sa Temple
Hiking around

Fall in Korea
Waterfall
MN Twins gear in Pohang, South Korea

No comments:

Post a Comment