Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Daegu and Pohang

Last week flew by. My students were well behaved and excited about the material. I have been teaching my Kinder students opposites. They were excited to use examples in class. They have told me that I am old, a man, poor and fat. Oh, the important things that they learn!

We have art every Wednesday. Last week the students were to draw mermaids. As I was explaining this, Samuel jumped out of his seat bubbling with excitement. He ran up to me and told me the story of "The Little Mermaid." He told me, "London Teacher...Ariel is mermaid. She lives in ocean and there is a mean witch. Ariel love prince but she no legs. Witch gives her legs but then she NO VOICE!" It was absolutely hysterical. I was trying to hold back the tears as he was explaining this to me. He is a slow reader and has no focus however he speaks clearly and says the most entertaining things!

On Friday I took a train from Suwon, near Suji, to Daejeon. Then I took a KTX train to Daegu. These trains are the fastest ones in Korea. Once in Daegu, I met Fred and some of his friends. We had dinner and stayed the night in Daegu. On Saturday we headed to Pohang and spent the day relaxing before going out to dinner. On Sunday we walked around town and Fred bought a camera. I then had to come back to Suji.

Tomorrow we are having our Christmas song competition. I am hoping that my kids do well and do not freeze!

We only have 5.5 days of teaching left before break. Next week we have full days on Monday and Tuesday and a half day on Wednesday. On Tuesday night we are going to go out for our staff holiday party. Fred is going to come to Suji on the 24th and we leave for Thailand on the 25th!

Playing a game that is a cross between bowling and pool in Daegu

Jasmin, Chelcy and Jenny

Jenny and her hat. These animal hats are all the rage in Korea.

Louie and Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment